INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
Your Role on Our Team
The Principal Engineer of Cell Engineering will lead a team of engineers and technicians to serve the needs of a global Li-Ion battery business in the areas of new product development, technology development, warranty analysis, and supplier quality management. Major responsibilities include development of cell specifications, supporting supplier qualifications, executing new product development projects, supporting the development of technology roadmaps, supporting advanced quality initiatives, and performing cell testing and analysis. This includes working in and facilitating a collaborative team environment with marketing, project management, quality, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, agency/safety teams, and global manufacturing operations.
You'll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Build, mentor, and sustain a high performing team to deliver core functions stated above.
- Perform and supervise analytical services including TGA/DSC polymer analysis, GC-MS electrolyte analysis, SEM/EDS particle analysis, visual image capture, cell subsystem testing, and live cell teardown analysis.
- Drive best-in-class product performance within cell supply base by defining next generation cell specifications, critiquing supplier designs and processes, and driving strategic corrective actions and continuous improvements.
- Support negotiations and relationship management with cell suppliers on key areas of cell qualification, critical quality issues, and product roadmaps.
- Establish and maintain an archive of product specifications, performance data, and product information for broad use within the organization.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, electrochemistry, or similar field required. Masters, or PhD degree desired.
- 7 or more years of highly successful experience in related field.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with using SEM/EDS, TGA/DSC, GC-MS, XRD, FTIR, EIS, glovebox, cycle life testers and abuse testing is preferred.
- Knowledge of cell manufacturing (electrode fabrication, assembly and formation) especially cylindrical cells is a must.
- Knowledge of emerging battery chemistries preferred.
- Knowledge of Arbin/Maccor programming or similar type programming experience preferred.
- Highly motivated self-driver with a never settle, always improving attitude.
- A passion for developing cell technology and battery systems.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and International).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.