We have an opening on our 3rd shift.
Hours: 3rd shift (Sun - Thurs 11p-7a)
The Quality Technician is responsible for ensuring the quality of all products produced meet agreed upon standards and expectations.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use a variety of quality inspection tools including calipers, micrometers, height gauges, hardness testing, UPC scanners, paint thickness testers and other lab equipment
- Conduct Product Performance Tests on a daily basis and coordination of test samples
- Operate, create, and edit programs for CMM and Vision System Inspection equipment
- Complete Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR's), edit and update status in QMS
- Ensure packaging requirements are met by completing daily packaging conformance audits
- Perform Audits of documented procedures
- Complete dimensional inspections of incoming raw material
- Ability to navigate document repository web page to locate inspection reports, blue prints and other quality documents
- Ability to create and update work instructions and procedures
- Reporting for Quality or Engineering Builds to support business initiatives
- Complete SIR for new packaging; includes inspection, documentation, electronic filing, communication of release or failure.
- Ability to level granites and/or cleaning and repair equipment (CADEX equipment)
- Develop and run gage R&R as needed
- Effectively communicate across shifts and weekend work within team
- Meeting facilitation for MRB or other groups as needed to communicate findings
- Training of Quality Tech B or C on new procedures or techniques
- Perform basic shop floor math, such as fraction to decimal conversion, arithmetic and units of measure conversion, basic statistics, analysis of SPC data
- Problem solving abilities, interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage interruptions is required
- Consciously abide by all safety policies and procedures to create a safe working environment
Education and Experience
- High School or GED diploma required
- One (1) year of previous quality technician experience required
- Understanding of metrology fundamentals
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to read blueprints