WE CREATE EMPOWERED LEADERS! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our ONE-KEY™ Connected Tools Team.
Our ONE-KEY™ Connected Tools Team is responsible for developing and maintaining a collaborative tool and equipment platform that helps jobs run smoother, with fewer headaches along the way. We help users track and lock tools, dial in performance, pull utilization data, and give users the ultimate control over their tools. We strive to deliver customer value, be transparent with work in all directions, embrace empowered, autonomous teams, receive, give, and ask for feedback frequently, and think with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to develop and maintain the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen. Learn more about ONE-KEY™ HERE.
Your Role on Our Team
The Senior Software Developer - Web will be on our integrations team, creating APIs that our integration partners use to enhance user experiences and streamline workflows in the construction technology ecosystem. You will work on integrating APIs and other technologies from our integration partners to bolster end user value to the One-Key platform. The work involves improving existing APIs, creating new APIs, rolling out a new security model, and creating scalable and resilient services, as well as setting standards and best practices. Additional duties include debugging issues, root cause analysis, and creating solutions that prevent issues from re-occurring. You will be working with members of the integrations team and reporting to the Software Development Manager for the integrations team.
You'll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work as a member of an agile software development team.
- Participate in agile ceremonies and help facilitate good practices throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Act as technical leader across the team by promoting good architecture and design.
- Collaborate with analysts and the development team to estimate projects, features and user stories.
- Collaborate with other development teams, analysts, project managers and stakeholders to understand requirements and identify solutions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems (or related field), or 4 or more years of related experience.
- 8 or more years of software engineering experience.
- 2 or more years' experience designing, developing, and deploying microservices to AWS.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- AWS Certification.
- Experience analyzing existing code structures and improving application performance.
- Experience in WCF, Web API, and overall Web Service development preferred.
- Experience in mobile application development (iOS and/or Android).
- Experience with monolithic .NET sites and API.
- Experience breaking monolithic API into scalable solutions.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.