The Material Handler is responsible for inventory storage, replenishment to manufacturing, and movement.
Additionally, the Material Handler locates raw material and completes inventory reporting transactions in the ERP System for Work-In-Process (WIP) and Finished Goods.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport incoming and outgoing materials to designated areas
- Operate forklift, electrical hoist, or other power driven equipment, to load or move materials
- Supply production areas with inventory (raw material and WIP)
- Load or unload material onto or from pallets, totes, trays, or shelves
- Utilize Tiny Term to locate inventory and complete inventory transactions in the ERP System
- Safely operate a variety of material handling equipment. Complete daily checklist for forklift equipment used
- Cross train and back up co-workers as required
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School or GED diploma required
- 1 year of previous experience
- Ability to operate a forklift, electrical hoist, or other power driven equipment
- Positive attitude and willingness to help as required
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills
Physical and Weight Lifting Demands
The physical and weight lifting demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.