Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
Ensures internally produced components meet the quality standards and systems required.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for supporting the Departments Manager in ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimize quality costs and maximize customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Responsible for driving the identifying and raising of quality issues and for speedily resolving them to ensure zero impact to the customer. Support and or delegate new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds. Work in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasizes defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Help manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support. Responsible for multiple highly complex major projects requiring innovative original solutions where results are key to successful completion of major projects. Work mostly independently with minimal supervision and work is reviewed at project milestones and/or on completion by the Department Manager
General and Task Management
- Lead and Drive quality-related issues within the Quality & Manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty)
- Lead and support the Quality Group in Identifying root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Drive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards.
- Support in the development, deployment and adherence of product and process auditing
- Take ownership and help manage all control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Support the Department Manager in the monitoring and reporting of quality-related key performance indicators including scrap monitoring, rework levels, parts per million (PPM) figures
- Ensure compliance and assist the Department Manager with adherence to the Quality Management system
- Be able to Write product test procedures and or delegate as needed with oversight.
- Undertake special projects as required and or delegate as needed.
- Assist with training of quality awareness
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Train and provide guidance on standards with regards to first off sample approvals
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Hoshin Kanri, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate and or identify department resources needed in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Work with and support production area specific Quality Engineers in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA's (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Drive a high cadence of effective quality audits
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
- Undertake special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Achieve goals within budget
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Independently determine approach and assigned tasks and delegate in the absence of the Department Manager.
- Lead and/or support groups of technicians and engineers
- Provide guidance to other team members
- Train both team and broader organization members
- Support regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality
- Communicate efficiently throughout the shop floor and with own and customer's management
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Proactively contributes to the team
- Is self-aware
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
Skills & Attributes:
- Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
- Work independently and is reviewed infrequently with minimal supervision
- Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of divisional management
- Knowledge of quality systems and measurement
- Be able to establish solid relationships and exhibit leadership where needed
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Hoshin Kanri Skills
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred
- Membership of an industry related Professional Body would be advantageous
- Previous experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably Automotive, Aerospace and/or Medical Devices.
- Experience of working in Quality Assurance
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing skills
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.