WE CREATE EMPOWERED LEADERS! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our ONE-KEY™ Connected Tools Team.
Our ONE-KEY™ Connected Tools Team is responsible for developing and maintaining a collaborative tool and equipment platform that helps jobs run smoother, with fewer headaches along the way. We help users track and lock tools, dial in performance, pull utilization data, and give users the ultimate control over their tools. We strive to deliver customer value, be transparent with work in all directions, embrace empowered, autonomous teams, receive, give, and ask for feedback frequently, and think with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to develop and maintain the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen. Learn more about ONE-KEY™ HERE.
Your Role on Our Team
As a Senior Mobile Application Developer -- Android, you will be on our connected tools team, helping create and improve the app experience for our One-Key tools. Using your knowledge of Core Bluetooth, you'll work directly with our Electrical Engineers to define and implement communication protocols between the app and power tools. Working collaboratively with UX, QA, and Product Management, you will prototype, test, and build the app interface to make our users more productive on the job site.
The TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems (or related field), and 5 or more years of related experience, with Java preferred.
- 3 or more required years of Android mobile application development experience in a professional environment (on multiple Android devices and OS versions).
- Minimum of one published app in Play Store.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Strong communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with agile methodology such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience with following technologies:
- Object Oriented design
- Android activity lifecycle
- Java (to support our legacy code)
- SQLite, Room, Android Architecture Library, Paging Library
- Consuming REST APIs and HTTP services
- Retrofit, OKHttp
- XML & JSON
- Material Design Framework
- Coroutines, Reactive Programming
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE