Under the direction of and reporting to a Sourcing Manager at Milwaukee Tool, primary duties include sourcing of direct or indirect raw materials, components, complex assemblies, tooling, capital equipment, and/or services. Balance the required quality, cost, lead-time, and terms to potentially support various New Product Development (NPD), cost reduction, facilities and supply base improvement projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research as directed on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance negotiations for assigned categories and contracts
- Proactively coordinate the supplier selection and qualification process.
- Support the development, review, and approval of supplier selection criterion.
- Prepare and execute RFP/RFQ's and analyze quotations and bids. Conduct, analyze, and share cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost; drive best overall cost and commercial terms
- Provide ongoing vendor management support in the form of Forecasts, Purchase Orders, Invoice and Quality problem resolution, and related issues. Monitor and analyze Supplier capacity, global demand and vendor quality
- Initiate necessary correspondence to expedite purchased goods, revise purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies, and rectify other related problems as assigned
- Support the building of long-term commercial relationships with strategic suppliers while delivering to the business metrics.
- Must understand applicable manufacturing processes and capabilities, materials, applications, and industry trends
- Build internal stakeholder relationships to understand business procurement needs. Identify and implement supply chain improvement opportunities to support both short term and long-term needs.
- Complete data analyses and assist with regular generation of reports to drive spend visibility and identify opportunities for supply base consolidation.
Job Skills Requirements
- Exhibits strong negotiating skills and demonstrates proven success breaking down complex issues to proactively identify and align stakeholders to next steps.
- Demonstrates attributes of being a determined, self-driven and resourceful individual.
- Ability to react quickly in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, or related technical field.
- Specific course-work in purchasing, materials management, engineering, or quality assurance desirable.
- CPM/CPSM certification a plus.
- Two or more years sourcing or related experience, including proven capability using advanced procurement principles with global supply chain management responsibilities.
- Internship/Co-Op experiences in purchasing, manufacturing, or related experience a plus
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 10%).