INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
Milwaukee Tool's Product Support Engineering function focuses on providing support to high volume production lines to ensure on-time performance and high yield. As Senior Electrical Engineer, you will provide technical leadership in addressing production and warranty issues including supply issues of critical components such as lithium-ion cells and ICs. Working with product experts you will be leading the qualification of alternate designs and updating performance parameters to match alternate cells.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Lead technical implementation of changes to existing embedded system designs including schematic capture, PCB Layout, and microcontroller firmware of current mass production solutions.
- Lead the engineering analysis and verification of alternate components and lithium-ion cells and work with project team to update designs and support their integration into existing products.
- Manage any necessary firmware updates and release to support design changes, cell performance changes and product number changes.
- Develop leadership skills to manage a small team of engineers including mentoring and coaching junior engineers and interns.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and communicate status updates to other teams and mid-level management.
- Role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while providing technical guidance, mentorship, and coaching junior Engineers.
- Work with component suppliers and manufacturers for proper component selection on existing projects and providing input into future product needs.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the design of electronics.
- Experience with engineering design tools such as MCU Compilers and Debuggers (8/16/32 Bit), PCB Design Software (Altium), Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes, and SPICE.
- Knowledge of electronic component selection and design tradeoffs.
- Ability to analyze a design for cost reduction opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to write detailed test plans and validate designs that meet product requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Practical background in any of the following:
- Portable electronics
- Li-Ion Battery Management Electronics
- Power electronics and power supply circuits
- Consumer electronics
- Instrumentation and measurement systems
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.