Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
- Industrial design at Milwaukee Tool is chartered to create compelling solutions focused on solving critical user needs.
- The primary duties of an Industrial Designer center around the development of new products. Every project entails empathetical understanding of users, the inventive exploration of form and function with passion for the interactions between the user and the product or system.
- Leading the conceptual exploration is accomplished through competitive assessments, field visits to identify unmet user needs, design trend awareness and purposive ideation. The design intent is communicated through visual storytelling and study models to gain acceptance by the project team.
- Development of the conceptual direction is carried out through 2D sketching, technical illustrations, renderings, 3D CAD and appearance models. Design proposals are reviewed in a phase-gate process to obtain cross-functional consensus.
- The designer will follow the solution through all pre-production stages, creating specifications for CFM requirements, product graphics and UI. Maintaining close engagement with process partners to consider cost / schedule / performance trade-offs relating to construction, assembly and manufacturing.
- Collaboration with cross-functional product management and engineering teams is critical to delivering exceptional designs based on uncovered objectives and design criteria. Industrial designers are expected to participate in project meetings, teleconferences as well as leading design reviews with process partners and design peers.
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience designing in a product development environment. Preference for experience with consumer products or durable goods.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in industrial design.
- Demonstration of professional demeanor through a portfolio of product design and strategic thinking. Proficient communication of process through visual thinking, storyboards, mock-ups, sketching, rendering and rapid CAD modeling.
- Experience with UX/UI development is beneficial but not required.
- Domestic and international travel as required.
- Please provide a link to your website or sample portfolio with your application
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.