Senior Electrical PCB Designer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Sr. Electrical Designer will be a part of the PCB Design team and will play a critical role in the development of our power tool electronics. As a member of the PCB Design team you will apply your technical expertise in PCB layout, will be challenged to be resourceful, and will need to communicate complex layout topics with Engineers.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work with Electrical Engineers to design Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA) for AC & DC circuits in new and existing products.
- Perform PCB layout including: definition of PCBA dimensions based on system design constraints, circuit block arrangement (floor-planning), power and ground plane creation, component placement, and routing of signal nets to minimize cost and maximize design for manufacturability, reliability, thermal management, and test (DFx).
- Cultivate our component library including creation of component footprints, generation of schematic symbols, 3D models and entry of new parts in the Electronics CAD (ECAD) library.
- Create & modify both general as well as project specific Design Rules and resolve DRC errors.
- Present PCB designs for Technical Review in compliance with Milwaukee Design Processes.
- Build PCB document packages used by manufacturing including assembly drawings, 3D PCBA model files, and Gerber files.
- Work closely with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to achieve excellence in System Design and Quality.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of PCBA development processes and tools.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of applicable experience in PCBA design and assembly.
- 2+ years of experience working with high production volume PCBAs typical of consumer products.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of professional level PCB CAD tools used for high volume PCB design, preferably Altium.
- Basic understanding of analog/digital circuit theory and EMC/ESD in electronics.
- Highly detailed oriented, organized, and able to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency in PC skills including MS Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel).
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Ability to lead and influence others.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.