Senior Electrical Engineer - Power Electronics in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer -- Power Electronics will be responsible for complex projects that will include topology selection, component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, test plan development and execution of power electronics circuitry based on product/system requirements. You will work and collaborate with cross-functional teams as a technical expert while coaching and mentoring junior Engineers in best practices.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Simulate, design, and validate various AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC topologies.
- Create new design documents, schematic, layout, bill of materials, test plan and test results.
- Effectively identify, converge, and communicate major technical issues to project team or upper management in a clear, concise and timely manner while driving appropriate actions based on priorities tradeoff.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Drive supplier relationships to develop part/product specifications meeting performance requirements.
- Familiar with U.S. and global regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, FCC, CISPR and ANSI, and has implemented in design and qualification of new products.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in power electronics design.
- Firm understanding of analog circuit design and troubleshooting and semiconductor devices including: BJT, MOSFET, rectifiers for both small signal and power circuits.
- Experience with support circuits such as gate drives, voltage and current transducers and MCU / uC interface circuits.
- Familiarity of various SMPS topologies such as: Flyback, Forward, Buck, Boost, Push-Pull, LLC and others.
- Comprehensive understanding of schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE and knowledge of industry best practices especially for power electronics circuit layout.
- Working knowledge of EMC/EMI concepts including identification of sources, transmission paths and mitigation methods.
- Proficiency with magnetic circuit design including: Transformer design, gapped energy storage devices and filtering components.
- Ability to research root cause failure analysis after all obvious ideas are exhausted.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering with focus in power electronics.
- Hands-on approach with proven track record of realizing designs/concepts into productions.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to view issue systemically for driving design trade-off discussion.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.