Principal Electrical Engineer - NPD Team Lead in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Principle Electrical Engineer will lead a team of embedded system and power electronics engineers focused on delivering new power tool technologies and products to the market. Responsibilities include strategic roadmap planning, resource allocation and scope management, oversight of technical reviews / design decisions, and process improvement / change management. This includes working in a team environment with marketing, project management, firmware engineering, mechanical engineering, and global manufacturing operations. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership as well as a solid background in the design of electronic circuits and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage & motivate the team to achieve on-time delivery of complex electrical designs with high quality.
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gantt charts, root cause analysis, circuit / PCB design, PCBA manufacturing, and presentation skills.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Lead & grow the team to increase project capacity while maintaining exemplary performance.
- Effectively identify, converge, and communicate major technical & schedule issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving appropriate actions.
- Bring a strong technical understanding of embedded system design and best practices to the team.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field required.
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in the design of Electronics
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a team lead role having duties and responsibilities like the above.
- Highly motivated self-driver with never satisfied, always improving attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and International).
- Should enjoy being a hands-on engineer - we're a power tool company!