INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Electrical Engineer -- Battery Electronics is a part of our growing Advanced Development team within the Battery Electronics group. You will create best in class electronics for our battery lines by leading the design through electronics technology investigation/scoping against requirements to effectively and efficiently deliver to the NPD team for mass production launch.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware while providing guidance to junior engineers.
- Research and engage with prospective suppliers on selection of new technology including Lithium-Ion Battery Management ASICs, microcontrollers, Power Devices, and other analog and digital ICs.
- Provide expertise and engineering support on high complexity projects.
- Demonstrate Milwaukee Tools Culture of high performance and agility by independently creating Work Breakdown Structure for your work, driving to critical milestones, and giving candid communications up and down the organization on design progress and barrier removal.
- Lead the design activities including topology and component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, prototype builds, firmware coding, and test plan development and execution.
- Use laboratory equipment to debug and develop your design with oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, spectrum analyzers, ESD/EMC, data acquisition systems, and analysis software.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in the Embedded Electronics design field including 16/32 bit microcontroller-based circuits for measurement and power control.
- Fundamental understanding of Lithium-Ion battery management strategies and circuits as well as familiarity with component vendors in that space.
- Demonstrated design experience in power management with ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for analog and digital circuit layout, schematic capture, PCB layout software, and circuit simulation.
- Must have authored firmware from scratch for a successfully launched product.
- Proven ability to create a Work Breakdown Structure, drive to completion, and communicate progress and escalate barrier removal needs to management.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Previous PCBA design experience in the area of Lithium-Ion Battery circuits for high volume products.
- Knowledge of best practices for firmware development in C.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.