Sr. Technical Designer/Developer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is continuing to innovate on the jobsite by providing real solutions for professional users. We lead the industry with our innovative Heated Gear solutions, giving quality workwear that keeps professionals warm and comfortable on the jobsite. We want YOU to help us continue that innovation!
As our Senior Technical Designer/Developer for Workwear and Heated Gear, you will help shape our growing Workwear department with your experience and leadership. We are expanding our workwear lineup and we need to bring the experience of an industry professional to bear on our growing collection. You will bring your industry expertise to bear on not only our tech pack creation, but also upon the fit guidelines and blocks with which the team works and build out apparel patterns as well. You will help us establish the fit and construction standards for Milwaukee Tool apparel. You will help us maintain our relationships with our manufacturing partners through the prototyping and sampling process, and guide the team through the development phase, into production.
This role will report to the Lighting & Lifestyle Design Manager and will be part of a growing Gear/Workwear design team. In addition to the design team, you will work alongside of the larger Gear development team, including the Product Manager, and Project Lead, as well as many other roles in the company.
*Along with your resume, please include a link to your portfolio.*
- Work with the cross functional team to get products to market in a timely fashion.
- Work alongside of the Creative Designers to execute designs to samples and finished products.
- Willingness to understand end-user needs and help interpret those into actionable solutions.
- Attend cross functional development meetings and ensure all development related requirements are addressed
- Establish and adhere to construction and fit standards
- Produce accurate Tech Packs that include sketch details, base size specifications, and graded measurements
- Participate in prototype and sample construction
- Build and direct the making of patterns
- Measure fit and pre-production samples, and record measurements.
- Communicate design intent to manufacturing partners.
- Assist in fit sessions on live models or fit forms.
- Assist with fit and construction comments.
- Track fit samples and prototypes
- Approve production samples for quality and accuracy, and adherence to the design intent.
- 5-10 years experience in apparel technical design or development
- Experience in both tech pack construction and patternmaking
- Bachelors Degree in Apparel Design, Fashion Design, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in workwear is desired, but not required.
- Fluency using the Adobe CS suite of products preferred.
- Experience in Gerber Accumark or similar apparel design software preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop collaborative relationships
- Strong communications skills, willingness to be Candid
- Strong organization skills
- Be Obsessed with our Brand, our End-User, and Innovation
- Have a sense of Speed and Urgency and have the Agility to respond to the ever-changing landscape of product development.