The Principal Power Electronics Engineer will manage and lead the collaboration with Engineering and Operations teams globally to design, build and qualify innovative power delivery solutions using novel techniques. You will have responsibility for topology selection, component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, test plan development and execution of power electronics circuitry.?
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a small to medium size team of electrical engineers in the designing, prototyping, testing, and troubleshooting of power electronics for a variety of projects.
- Simulate, design, and validate various AC/DC, DC/DC, and DC/AC topologies.
- Independently write test requests to the Milwaukee Test Laboratory based on established standard test procedures and prior examples.
- Create design documents, theory of operation schematic, layout, bill of materials, test plan and test report.
- Interact with suppliers to develop part/product specifications meeting performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gantt charts, root cause analysis, circuit / PCB design, and PCBA manufacturing.
- Champion technology investigations including system requirements, architecture definitions, and reusability strategies.
- Establish and maintain a strong awareness and database of competitive offerings, product strategies, and business climate to shape a best-in-class roadmap.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Develop plans to evaluate and assess the emerging technology market space to fit/compliment Milwaukee Tool product initiatives and development.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in power electronics design including switch mode power supply topologies, inverters, and semiconductor component selection.
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Firm understanding of EMI/EMC concepts including identification of sources, transmission paths and mitigation methods.
- Hands-on approach with proven track record of realizing designs/concepts into production.
- Firm understanding of magnetic circuit design including: Transformer design, gapped energy storage devices and filtering components.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in analog circuit design and ability to view the issue systematically for driving design trade-off discussion.
- Ability to research root cause failure analysis after all obvious ideas are exhausted
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering with focus in power electronics.
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.