Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Project teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis fabrics, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
Under the direction of the Director -- Product Safety and Regulatory Compliance; primary duty
is to assist in the coordination and execution of product safety related activities with a primary focus on Lithium-Ion Battery Packs and Battery Chargers. Activities include: Hazard Analysis Reviews (HARs), product safety reviews and analysis of customer returns.
- Be able to evaluate information and render opinion as to the safety of a concept, design,
- Advise Project Leaders, Engineers and Designers regarding safety requirements
including tests and design constraints to minimize risk of injury and/or property damage.
- Communicate with external customer regarding product safety matters.
- Perform inspections and conduct failure analysis on returned products and summarize
and report findings.
- Supervise product safety testing, including: preparation of test sample(s), execution of
the test(s), test reporting and data analysis.
- Review and provide feedback for operator's manuals and on-product markings.
- Assist the Department Director in the execution of recalls.
- Be conversant with the latest OSHA requirements and industry safety standards, rules or
regulations. Where requirements are unclear, assist in obtaining an interpretation from
the appropriate authority.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or technical equivalent
- Preferred 3 years experience handling product safety activities, preferably: lithium-ion batteries, battery chargers, power tools, or other consumer products.
- Possess strong verbal, written and organizational skills essential to professional
- Show an emphasis on and adherence to schedule and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as necessary.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.