Principal Electrical Engineer - Advanced in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process. As a result, our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Concept Principal Electrical Engineering position is part of the leading edge of discovery and new product innovation. If you're an inventor, a dreamer, a maker, and have an unparalleled passion to create new and interesting solutions to address user needs, and you have an extensive portfolio of consumer products you've designed and developed, we want you to work for us.
Our Concept Engineers are hands-on, creative spirits that can see past perceived barriers and use that mentality to uncover new ways of thinking to solve challenging user needs and technical hurdles. As part of a cross-functional team composed of equally motivated Design Researchers, Industrial Designers, and other Concept Engineers, you will work to uncover unmet user needs, ideate creative ways to solve the unmet needs, and act as the technical expert in the creation and execution of the ideas into concepts.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and develop Jr. electrical engineers within the concept department.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Ideate, evaluate and develop new technologies for use in power tool applications.
- Design and build quick prototypes that drive marketing and project leaders in their product feature decision process.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Identify performance and cost tradeoffs of competing electronic design solutions.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Participate in local and regional field research and user centered design process. Define benefits that are critical to our users and build prototypes to execute on those benefits.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Proficient in C programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes.
- Ability to analyze existing and new designs and then propose improved solutions.
- Good understanding of analog and digital system tradeoffs and design.
- Experience with using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Knowledge of power semiconductors, magnetics, battery charging principals, sensor technologies and wireless communication platforms is a plus.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.