Senior Design Engineer - Safety Products - Advanced Engineering
The Senior Engineer's primary role uses engineering expertise to identify and validate new technology and designs to be integrated into future new products
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help identify and develop new technologies and products in personal protective equipment (PPE) applications for various categories like head protection, hearing protection, respiratory protection, eye protection.
- Perform a wide variety of calculations and help with software aided analysis in the following areas: structural analysis, FEA, CFD etc.
- Review intellectual property and technical publications to identify areas of interest
- Manage external relationships with University research teams, start-up companies, professional societies & associations and external testing experts
- Work with other Engineers and cross functional team members to help transition technologies to New Product Development (NPD) teams.
- As part of project team, contribute in development of reliability/quality tools such as critical to quality matrix (QFD), process control plans, and work instruction etc.
- Help design new experiments and test systems.
- Help evaluate initial feasibility as well as manufacturability of new designs.
- Identify potential execution issues and provide recommendations to mitigate risk
- Interacts with manufacturing plants and outside suppliers to achieve project goals
- Bachler's of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Master's Preferred)
- Proficient in 3D CAD -- ProE, Solidworks, NX, or similar as well as FEA
- Good understanding of commonly used manufacturing and tooling processes and how to effectively design parts for them
- Strong mechanical aptitude based on experience including a broad knowledge of mechanisms, engineering materials, mechanical properties, and manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of mechanical quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and manufacturing operations
- Ability to travel up to 10-20% (travel includes Domestic and International)