Principal Engineer - Technology Battery Pack and Charger Applications in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization. That's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process. As a result, our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Principal Engineer -- Technology Battery Pack and Charger Applications is a part of our Power Tools Technology team and will explore new battery pack and charger technologies for us across Milwaukee Tool's products. You will lead the collaboration and negotiations with Marketing and Advanced Engineering to build and execute a market disrupting vision.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Build, lead, and collaborate with a world class team of cross-functional engineers and project managers to deliver new-to-world solutions.
- Champion technology investigations including system requirements, architecture definitions, and reusability strategies.
- Establish and maintain a strong awareness and database of competitive offerings, product strategies, and business climate to shape a best-in-class roadmap.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in battery or charging system design or related work experience.
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of Li-Ion battery system design, test methods, controls and architectures.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MBA, or related field.
- Strong knowledge in power electronics and embedded system designs.
- Familiarity with firmware design and model-based engineering concepts.
- Familiarity with mechanical design and thermal management concepts.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.