Sr. Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT) Engineer in Greenwood, Mississippi
This position works in a team environment and uses engineering expertise and project management abilities to contribute to the development and manufacturing of power tool accessory products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manufacturing Process Development:
- Develop innovative solutions; implement sustainable, robust and reliable complex manufacturing processes.
- Ability to program Fanuc robots, troubleshoot programming and manipulate programs to coincide with process.
- Ability to program ABB robots, troubleshoot programming and manipulate programs to coincide with process
- Strong PLC and automation skills: involving, but not limited to Allen Bradley (RSLogix5,500,5000), Siemens (S5 & S7), ControlLogix
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge and experience in process evaluation tools: Design of Experiments (DOE), FMEA, PFMEA, statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools.
- Work with New Product Development design engineers to evaluate and advise product design for optimized manufacturability.
- Work with and lead development with equipment suppliers to deliver custom processing solutions to achieve goals and objectives.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and breakthrough processes to accelerate competitive manufacturing advantage.
- Utilize prototyping methods to develop and prepare engineering samples for evaluation and testing.
- Perform a variety of calculation and software aided analyses to prove process reliability, capability and sustainability.
- Preferred knowledge and experience with steel materials and heat treat processes.
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test process extremes and build a robust risk assessment analysis matrix to ensure project success.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best total cost solution with financial impacts with emphasis on delivery timelines.
- Strong emphasis on fixture and gaging design, development and implementation for repeatable process performance
- Lead mid to high level manufacturing projects, providing direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members. Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with engineering, manufacturing and other cross functional teams.
- Drive and project manage major strategic cost, quality and delivery initiatives with aggressive focus on breakthrough process and technology improvements to achieve a substantial competitive advantage.
- Lead new product development processes to support product strategy and product roadmap
- Schedule and develop agendas to facilitate and document project meetings. Track project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to make formal presentations regarding project status to team and management
- Lead and coordinate equipment installations to ensure production targets are met.
- Establish baseline staffing and skillset required as related to the operational complexity of the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work in a team environment and challenge status quo with respect to drive the best solutions for the business.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations. Estimated yearly travel 30% - 40%. Most trips will be contained into one week with possibilities of weekend travel.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds repeatedly to a height of 3-4 feet with possibility to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to learn technical material.
- Ability to be interactive "hands on" with each upcoming engineering project.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College graduate or equivalent with degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Automation technical areas.
- Three to five years Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering experience required to acquire sufficient background and knowledge to assume responsibilities.
- Preferred enhanced specialty skills in new process development and implementing. Advanced computer knowledge and skills in MS Office and Solidworks/AutoCAD.