As a Design Engineer II for Milwaukee you will be located at our Brookfield, WI office. Our corporate office is only 15 minutes from downtown Milwaukee and located near Miller Park, Milwaukee Zoo, Mitchell Park Domes, as well as many more attractions and restaurants.
You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed on the shelves of a Home Depot.
If you are interested in travel, domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. In the US, Milwaukee Tool has three locations in Mississippi (two manufacturing and one distribution). Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in both Taiwan and China.
Milwaukee offers benefits on your first day of work including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a concept idea and make it come to life.
- Design and test products from concept to production.
- Develop design solutions to meet consumer requirements.
- Participate in field research.
- Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with manufacturing and other cross-functional team members.
- Interact with suppliers to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Evaluate product design relative to material selection, cost and reliability.
- Perform a wide variety of calculations and software aided analyses in the following areas:
- Mechanical stress analysis, material and heat treatment selection, tolerance and fit analyses, lubrication, spur and helical gear design, statics and dynamics, noise and vibration and a variety of machine element design.
- Independently develop, write and analyze test requests with the Milwaukee Tool Test Laboratory.
- Work as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with manufacturing teams and suppliers.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering; or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in related design field.
- Proficient in GD & T tolerance analysisand FMEA
- Broad technical knowledge in the design and development of mechanical and electromechanical systems
- Able to model and predict system performance based on engineering principles
- Strong analytical skills utilizing data based decision making
- Self starter with willingness to learn outside primary discipline and manage ambiguos design tasks
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.