Advanced Manufacturing Maintenance Technician in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the direction and reporting to the Sr. Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, organizes coordinates maintenance, problem-solving, and repairs of the facility equipment; and performs other related duties as assigned. The AMD Maintenance Technician should have a broad understanding of plumbing, electrical, and mechanical knowledge as these skillsets will be used in combination to successfully accomplish the required tasks. Ability to travel to manufacturing sites in order to successfully develop operating knowledge across cross-functional Advanced Manufacturing teams.
- Enforces and maintains safety standards, policies, and procedures in order to comply with laws and regulations and minimize accidents and injuries; assists in the planning development and implementation of safety programs.
- Obtains and demonstrates the necessary knowledge to run production lines; Understand processes, know order of operation, understand HMI interfaces, and possess necessary mechanical aptitude.
- Assist with preliminary assessments of equipment damages and arranges for necessary repairs while working collaboratively with engineers and technicians to ensure proper identification of solutions.
- Troubleshoot and repair facility equipment in the safest and most efficient manner available; consults with engineers to ensure best course of action.
- Prepares requisitions for parts and supplies through company ERP systems; and implements and enforces inventory controls to minimize waste and loss.
- Serves as contact for outside vendors who will deliver and/or install equipment, tools, or consumables to the facility for service, repair, or engineering related activities; confers with customers in order to understand problems and make diagnosis.
- Ensures the accurate and timely preparation of a variety of mandated reports, records, and files; and maintains the required documents.
- Oversee the scheduling and completion of all facility work regarding preventative maintenance for existing tooling.
- Maintain internal/external work orders regarding repairs or modifications of existing tooling.
- Ensure projects are completed within quoted material and time limits and communicate any expected delays or budget variations to management.
- Makes recommendations for changes in facility as necessary to meet demands of workload.
- Liaison between AMD and Operations Service/Support group to ensure robust documentation is packaged and delivered with development equipment.
- 5S champion to ensure an effective work area is implemented and maintained.
- Promote a safe, positive, and productive work environment through employee engagement
- Be able to take on additional projects with little to no guidance.
- Preferred knowledge to draw preliminary sketches, layouts, and detail drawings using standard computer-assisted design software. (NX, SolidWorks)
- Support engineering by machining, fabricating, modifying, and assembling parts and equipment to print specifications.
- Be able to safely and effectively use machine, hand, and power tools; Knee Mill, lathe, surface grinder, drill press, table saws, drills, grinders, welders, brakes, shears, plasma cutter, inspection tools, multimeters, soldering irons, etc.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- Proven track record of facility and machine maintenance.
- Travel up to 20%, but could vary to support the business needs.