Electrical Designer - PCB Design
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our people and our culture are the secrets to our success - so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artifical intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and the resources of the fastrest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story, click HERE.
The Electrical Designer will be a port of the PCB Design team and will play a role in hte development of our power tool electronics. As a member of the PCB Design team you will learn to utilize Altium design tool at an expert level and how to apply this knowledge to printed circuit board layout.
- Work with Engineers & Senior Electrical Designers to design Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA) for AC & DC circuits in new and exsisting products.
- With guidance of other team members you will become proficient in PCB layout tasks such as: definition of PCBA dimensions based on system design contraints, circuit block arrangement (florr-planning), power and ground plane creation, component placement, and routing of signal nets to minimize cost and maximize design for manufacturability, reliability, thermal management, and test (DFx).
- Learn how to apply both general as well as project specific Design Rules and resolve DRC errors.
- Partner with a Sr. Electrical Designer to prepare and present PCB designs for technical review in compliance with Milwaukee Design Processes.
- Generate PCB document packages in compliance with Milwaukee standards.
- Work closely with PCB vendors to source protoypes from our design files (either 1-up or panelized) as required.
- Learn about and actively participate in component library maintenance including creation of component footprints, generation of schematic symbols, 3D models and entry of new parts in the Electronics CAD (ECAD) library.
- Gain proficiency in ECAD/MCAD file transfer & work with members of the mechanical design team to achieve excellence in system design and quality.
What TOOLs you'll bring with you:
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- Basic understanding of electronics.
- Highly detailed oriented, organized, and able to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft business software.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
Other Tools we prefer you to have:
- Experience using PCB deisgn software such as Altium Designer is a plus.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401(K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE