Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 6/11/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The PCB Engineer I, is a part of the Printed Circuit Board Design team focusing on the design and analysis of complex PCBs and assemblies for high volume production. You will establish trusting relationships with cross-functional teams globally to perform design and evaluation of current and future products. Your duties also include ensuring that performance specifications are met in addition to compliance with manufacturing and agency requirements.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Review, understand, and audit schematics in-depth while highlighting concerns to the design engineers.
- Design and run SPICE / MATLAB simulations for necessary parts of the circuit / system
- Independently gain full understanding of the schematic and system to define all layout requirements.
- Proactively & closely work with electrical and mechanical engineers to deliver tightly packaged PCB designs
- Establish agency expertise and best practices to share with/elevate other layout designs in high voltage/frequency layouts, EMI mitigation, and thermal management optimization.
- Manage your own layout requests, scheduling, and planning, and proactively communicating with the team to resolve conflicts.
- Apply a manufacturing mindset to designs to effectively and efficiently mass produce products.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- High aptitude in schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE, MATLAB, and industry best practices for PCB design.
- Skilled in circuit theory, tolerance analysis, and design.
- Proficiency in basic Mechanical CAD functionality like NX or SolidWorks.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.