INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Electronics Engineering Technician will support new product design teams through test development, data analysis and competitor benchmarking. You will configure products for testing, log the measurements for data collection/ graphing, and troubleshoot, repair, and modify circuit board assemblies focusing on the chargers and live batteries.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, rework, and repair chargers and live batteries.
- Test chargers and live batteries in methods that are consistent with best practices for lithium ion charging systems.
- Hand soldering of SMT and through-hole components onto prototype circuit boards.
- Operate various lab equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and e-loads.
- Collect data through various equipment and software programs.
- Perform tests per work instructions and other procedures.
- Prepare reports of test results and make recommendations.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks to achieve desired outcomes and deliver to deadlines.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or High School diploma accompanied by 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with mechanical/electrical principles, test equipment, product. life/performance test procedures and methods.
- Capability to lift and manipulate 30lbs.
- Interest and ability to use power tools to simulate consumer usage.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with Lithium Ion battery charging system methods and test environments.
- Experience in using data acquisition equipment such as Agilent data buckets.
- Experience in viewing schematics and PCB layout files in an environment such as Altium.
- Mechanical mindset and aptitude.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.