Technical Printing Leader in Mukwonago, Wisconsin
As the Technical Printing Leader, you will work with digital inkjet printing and Pad Printing in a production setting. The primary duty is to utilize printing, organization, coordination, and leadership skills to contribute to manufacturing improvements in both existing manufacturing processes and new products. This position will be responsible for both executing production orders, as well as continuous improvement projects to increase throughput and upgrade technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with complex technologies from industry leading equipment and suppliers that specialize in digital printing and manufacturing automation.
- Support and comply with safety and security policies to promote a healthy work environment.
- Ensure Quality Control to achieve high standards for production of customer orders.
- Working on cross-functional teams:
- Work directly with the materials department (Production Planning) to schedule and coordinate customer orders.
- Work with the materials department and production leadership to order necessary supplies and components to maintain production equipment.
- Communicate between Production Planning and Customer Service to ensure priorities and customer orders are delivered on time to the customers specifications.
- Share equipment knowledge with team members.
- Adhere to housekeeping standards -- 6S.
- Hire, train and lead hourly workers for the custom printing area
- Set-up equipment and supervise hourly workers for Custom printing area.
- Read work orders and execute the needed details for production orders.
- Responsible for detecting defects during print and assembly production.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of assigned equipment -- Including respond to indicator lights and display screens, adjust machine components as needed, and verify correct material is on the production line.
Printing Equipment Setup and Maintenance Duties
- Perform basic machine setup and troubleshooting as needed.
- Handle color matching and color validation for custom printing orders.
- Responsible for overall maintaining of printers, including starting & stopping of printers, and running the print process.
- Ensure the workforce is properly trained and technically capable of printing high quality for all printing processes in the plant. This will include inkjet printing, pad printing, or any future technology that is added through NPD projects within the facility.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintenance as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Digital graphics training certification or a degree preferred.
- Previous experience with pad printing is a plus.
- Possess expert level experience in digital printing and troubleshooting.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical status to engineering or operations team.
- Ability to understand and use work planning skills.
- Develop your technical skills through in-depth training and certification processes.