Advanced Manufacturing Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Date Posted: 11/20/2020
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering
Date Posted: 11/20/2020
- Participate as a member of the department's engineering team in the development of new manufacturing processes, plans and improvement initiatives to support advanced manufacturing initiatives.
- Work cooperatively with Advanced Manufacturing & Technology engineering staff, and OPs PL's to ensure a schedule attainment is achieved and robust documentation is provided for the assigned tasks to create a successful transition of process development activities into a manufacturing setting.
- Work with New Product Development design engineers and cross-functional teams to evaluate and advise product design for optimized manufacturability.
- Identify and use new techniques and tools to the new product process development to achieve reduction of process development at the delivery phase for projects.
- Work with and lead development with equipment suppliers to deliver custom processing solutions to achieve goals and objectives.
- Perform a variety of calculation and software-aided analyses to prove process reliability, capability and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge and experience in process evaluation tools: Design of Experiments (DOE), statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools.
- Strong emphasis on fixture and gaging design, development and implementation for repeatable process performance.
- Identify and work with outside technical resources on specific projects and/or products when appropriate; i.e., universities, consultants, Research and Development, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Knowledge to draw preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings, using standard computer-assisted design software (NX)
- Knowledge to design a broad range of tooling, cutting tools, fixtures, equipment, and gauges to implement manufacturing processes.
- Make formal presentations regarding project status.
- Ability to be interactive 'hands on' with each upcoming engineering project.
- Create, maintain, and package robust documentation packages for responsible development activities and work with manufacturing team to verify alignment regarding collected information and support the pre-production activities for processes.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Minimum 5 years engineering related experience is required.
- Proven record of accomplishment of process development related activities such as stamping, forming, welding, and grinding in a manufacturing environment required.
- Travel Ability to travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations. Estimated yearly travel, 30% - 40%. Most trips will be contained into 1 week with possibilities of weekend travel.