INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Electrical Controls Engineer II will collaborate with various Engineering teams to design, model, simulate, and implement innovative control algorithms for our products. You will join a team of passionate control, electronic, firmware and system engineers to deliver the next breakthroughs in battery systems and power tool technology.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work to design, model, simulate, and implement advance control algorithms independently and under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Develop, analyze, maintain and document control system architecture.
- Use modeling tools such as MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow.
- Collaborate with Hardware and Firmware Engineers to optimize and implement next-generation control algorithms.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and HIL test equipment to validate control algorithms.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and Milwaukee Tool's processes.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Develop and apply manufacturing mindset to designs to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of related industry work experience.
- Working knowledge of model-based control development utilizing design tools such as MATLAB/Simulink
- Working knowledge of closed loop control theory.
- Ability to read power electronics schematics and component data sheets.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Working knowledge of vector control and pulse width modulation techniques.
- Working knowledge of control loop tuning and stability analysis.
- Familiarity with single phase and/or three phase power applications.
- Familiarity with single phase and/or three phase motor control applications.
- Familiarity with battery, drive, and motor system.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.