One-Key eliminates downtime on job sites by delivering tool and equipment asset management for professional contractors through Bluetooth-enabled tools, hardware, and software solutions. We are looking for a Senior UX Design to help us grow our product line, extend our customer reach, and increase customer satisfaction.
Senior UX Designers champion user-centered design methods to inform and influence ONE-KEY's software and IoT product design experiences and decisions. As an embedded member of a ONE-KEY product team, you collaborate with PM, POs, UX Researchers, Developers, and QA team members to problem frame, ideate, and validate solutions with customers. In equal partnership with your peers and team members, your contributions will help drive growth in the UX practice area and at every stage of the customer product lifecycle; acquisition, engagement, and support.
Senior UX Designer at Milwaukee Tool
As a Senior UX Designer, you will provide design thought leadership for the products and services your team supports. Your role will pivot from design facilitator, ideator, experimenter, and design detailer. You aim to delight customers by crafting innovative experiences that solve the problems that matter most. You will lift UX design efforts and invent the invisible with a willingness to iterate in our customer's best interests. Empathy is your superpower, and design is your vehicle for positive change.
To accomplish this, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead multi-platform design projects (web, Android, iOS at min) that serve unique customer audiences with varying needs
- Work in collaboration with other product teams to ensure a seamless user experience across all platforms.
- Leverage existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific customer contexts to produce data-informed solutions.
- Be an autonomous player by taking full ownership of your work and full responsibility for every last detail. You hold yourself and others accountable.
- Quickly generate multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted or ready to build for launch. Quick to know when it is best to overhaul vs. tweak areas by fully grasping the risk-reward ratios
- Inform design quality indicators and hold launch candidates to a high standard of quality for release.
- Empower your product and UX team via full transparency and including them in your design process. Seek feedback early and often on your design deliverables (wireframes, user flows, low-hi fidelity concepts, + prototypes., detail design artifacts), facilitate design sessions as needed.
- Provide input to the UX practice area and help evolve the UX design discipline. Assist in acquiring the right tooling, participating in weekly practice area sessions, and establishing scalable, sustainable practices that maintain healthy operating rhythms
- 8+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools like Adobe XD.
- Some experience running design workshops and or facilitating design concepting sessions.
- Demonstrated ability for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be socialized to various partners.
- Possess a strong understanding of usability and user experience principles.
- Shipped various consumer products/features over the years and can speak to learn forwards from post-launch data
- Comfortable taking calculated risks; you design to learn, unafraid of making mistakes, your think of design as iterative.
- Demonstrated ability to think of the big picture while delivering on incremental value adds.
- Good design chops in Mobile (iOS / Android) and Web. Possess a clear understanding of the native implications of mobile and the adaptive nature of the web.
- Understand how to design with systems, knowing when to stick to patterns, and knowing when to diverge. Comfortable contributing to design systems by creating patterns and best practices.
- Must include a link to an up-to-date, online portfolio or shareable work examples to be considered.
Things we value
- An ability to communicate design rationale in creative and impactful ways -- with strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of independence and initiative; an ability to determine how to prioritize your work, what you will need to accomplish it, ask for what you need and navigate communications when you are not receiving what you need
- A self-starter who can collaborate with others in a manner that builds trust
- Actively seek and give feedback in the spirit of the "Radical Candor" model.
- A growth mindset and a desire to make things better
- A healthy balance of humility and confidence
- Thrive in the Milwaukee Tool core culture principles (One team mentality, Candid, Always improving, Speed - Agility - Urgency, Empowered Leaders)
- Experience working in an embedded software product team model is a plus