INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Principal Motor Control Engineer leads and manages a team of engineers focused on developing and delivering cutting edge motor control for power tools. Working with motor, firmware, and embedded system design engineers, you will serve as a technical expert helping to roadmap, define, and design novel motor control algorithms for Milwaukee Tool.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Strategic roadmap planning for motor control-based power tool features, resource allocation and scope management, project management, oversight of technical review / design decisions
- Work in a team environment as a technical leader with embedded system, firmware, and motor design engineers, product development engineers, and marketing.
- Assess the product roadmap and set control development strategy for achieving key new power tool features.
- Champion technology investigations including system requirements, architecture definitions, and reusability strategies.
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gantt charts, root cause analysis, and presentation skills.
- Establish and maintain a strong awareness and database of competitive offerings, product strategies, and business climate to shape a best-in-class roadmap.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Develop plans to evaluate and assess the emerging technology market space to fit/compliment Milwaukee Tool product initiatives and development.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in embedded motor control design.
- 3+ years of leadership, teaching or mentoring experience.
- Experience with model-based control development utilizing hardware in-the-loop systems such as dSPACE.
- Familiarity with inverter design and gate driver topologies; electric machine design; voltage and current sensing techniques and technology.
- Experience designing and developing real-time control systems.
- Experience and familiarity with C/C++.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Familiarity with machine learning.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.