Senior Electrical Engineer - Motor Control in Brookfield, Wisconsin
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click?HERE.
The Senior Electrical Engineer leads and manages a team of engineers focused on developing and delivering cutting edge motor control for power tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic roadmap planning for motor control-based power tool features, resource allocation and scope management, project management, oversight of technical review / design decisions, including working in a team environment as a technical leader with embedded system / firmware engineers, product development engineers, and marketing
- Manage and motivate the team to deliver on highly technical projects
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gannt charts, root cause analysis, and presentation skills
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project schedules and resource plans with converged project scope
- Assess the product roadmap and set control development strategy for achieving key new power tool features
- Effectively identify, converge, and communicate major technical & management issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving appropriate actions
- Bring a strong technical understanding of sensor application design and best practices to the organization
- Help lead training & continuous improvement efforts of Milwaukee's electronic design processes and best practices
- Lead & grow the team to increase project capacity while maintaining exemplary performance
- Manage and delivery on individual projects
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field required(Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in embedded design motor control design
- Experience with model-based control development utilizing hardware in-the-loop systems such as dSPACE
- Familiarity with inverter design and gate driver topologies; electric machine design; voltage and current sensing techniques and technology
- Experience and familiarity with C/C++
- Experience designing and developing real-time control systems
- Some familiarity with machine learning is a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international)
- Heavy focus on tools of the trade
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.