Senior Firmware DevOps Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer drives initiatives aimed at continuous improvement of and maintaining our embedded software development operations, processes, and systems. You will interface and communicate with cross-functional teams such as Embedded Software Development, IT Development, Operations and business and process owners.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and drive the implementation of the long-term DevOps roadmap and vision.
- Partner with the development team to automate and reduce repetitive tasks.
- Gather stakeholder and customer input to close the feedback loop throughout the development lifecycle.
- Monitor and ensure tools and processes are scalable and stable.
- Quickly and effectively diagnose and propose solutions for technical issues in development systems.
- Ensure on-time completion of tasks, projects, and initiatives.
- Role model the Milwaukee Tool culture and mentor junior Engineers.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with DevOps, automated testing, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Practical experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle and knowledge of testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Demonstrated experience with Python, Powershell, C/C++, various scripting languages.
- Experience using Jenkins, Bamboo, or other CI/CD software.
- Knowledge of Puppet, Docker, or similar configuration management tools.
- Familiar with reporting software such as Microsoft PowerBI or IBM Cognos.
- Strong documentation writing skills.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Self-starter with proven ability to self-manage.
- Highly collaborative work style with demonstrated ability to both lead, mentor, and follow.
We provide these great perks and benefits.
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.