Sr. IT Project Leader
Milwaukee Tool, an industry-leading manufacturer of heavy-duty power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide, is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and motivated candidates with experience delivering world-class customer experiences and driving digital transformations across sales, marketing, service, and e-commerce. Come join the IT Team behind the most exciting and innovative tool company in the world and join the REDvolution.
Milwaukee Tool -- Come for the Job, Stay for the Opportunity
The Milwaukee Tool Sr. IT Project Leader is responsible for managing all phases of one or more large-scale IT projects and/or programs. The typical project size and complexity is a 3- 12 month duration involving up to 25 multi-disciplined implementation team members, potentially across one or more Milwaukee Tool locations. Our projects are major strategic investments and their successful execution requires a project manager that is driven, proactive, creative, collaborative and assertive.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with proven "big picture" vision, problem solving and change management experience, in various technical application experience with working with business teams processes including supply chain, marketing, engineering, finance, service and sales.
While your primary function will be as a project manager, from time to time, we may also ask you to assist with IT department functions including interviewing potential new hires, training, and general administration related activities.
Duties, Responsibilities, & Objectives:
Project Management (70%):
- Develop and execute project plans using strong project management skills. Develop project charters and governance documents. Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks.
- Manage multiple high risk, high complexity IT projects.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance. At times, taking step back to evaluate against business and departmental big picture.
- Schedule and develop agendas for, and facilitate project meetings. Documentation of discussion with action items effectively captured to be shared shortly thereafter.
- Track project schedules keeping visibility to team members and stakeholders, to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Work closely with the Milwaukee Tool IT leadership team to ensure adequate allocation of resources to our portfolio of projects.
- Develops and manage detailed project plans, cost estimates, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans and issue resolution plans
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Provide multiple "what-if" scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state. Well-rounded understanding of financial impacts of these scenarios.
- Assist to build the skills of functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring. Be an advocate of IT project management methodology.
Communication and Collaboration (25%):
- Proactively communicates and reports status to executives, business sponsors and all other stakeholders. This is done leveraging tools such as status reports, executive briefings, and active day to day team communication.
- Capability to quickly establish credibility with different business units, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with technical project team members to achieve project goals.
- Employs leading project management practices as provided by PMI and Milwaukee Tool IT delivery standards.
- Provides leadership to project team members with respect to project management processes and best practices.
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication, perseverance and consistency.
- Identify and escalate (when needed) key project hurdles or roadblocks
Financial Responsibility (5%):
- The Milwaukee Tool Sr. IT Project Leader is directly responsible for managing the project budget providing the predictive financial analysis required to deliver accurate project status.
- The Project Leader will support the IT management team by coordinating vendor invoicing, resource time tracking and providing project forecasting models.
- Strong understanding of ITIL and Release Management practices.
- More than 6 years of experience directly managing large-scale IT projects/programs
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile implementation methodologies across all phases of Diagnosis, Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment and Operation
- Understanding of a complete solution within the context of an integrated enterprise-wide IT strategy
- Well-developed planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed business acumen
- Ability to work closely with key business stakeholders to communicate progress and vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including MS Project or similar
- Ability to allocate the correct resources to each project phase and monitor their performance
- Consensus driven management style that support a vast set of stakeholders
- Strong leadership, teambuilding and motivational skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to travel on a planned as-needed basis
- Implementation of more than ten large complex IT projects
- Experience with Microsoft platform of technologies
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Master's Degree in IT, Business or related degree
- PMI certified
- Six Sigma certification or training
- Scrum/Agile certification or training