Sr. Manager IT-Data Engineering & Architecture
The Sr. Manager IT -- Data Engineering & Architecture will drive rapid transformation at Milwaukee Tool through data engineering, analytics, and data science initiatives across the enterprise. A successful leader will work cross-functionally to design and architect data pipelines and structures to support connected products, factories, and supply chain as well as other analytical solutions leveraging cloud and other modern technologies. This individual will be responsible for developing and growing a team of data engineers and architects to provide the data platform to support initiatives and strategies around AI, ML, and IoT. This individual will lead the design and implementation of new technologies within the data and analytics function, serve as a technical expert on data engineering and architecture across the business, and play a prominent role in developing the data strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to Data & Analytics strategy and roadmap for the enterprise. Rapidly expand traditional data warehousing and operational reporting capabilities and develop strategy capitalizing on big data, driving predictive analytics, establishing data architecture, and enabling IoT, AI, ML capabilities.
- Help establish data governance, data quality, and master data management practices.
- Create a common data framework and enterprise data architecture including reference architecture and Conceptual, Logical, Physical, and Canonical data models.
- Provide daily guidance to team of data engineers and architects. Build and develop the team establish core operating and design principles for the enterprise.
- Drive a data engineering culture that can quickly identify and develop solutions to business problems, learn new technologies, and serve as data and analytics experts for the business. Help make Milwaukee Tool an IT employer of choice.
- Translated business needs into robust technical designs that ensure security, scalability, and performance.
- Manage and deliver large portfolio of design and development work leveraging agile methodology.
- Identify and explore new technologies that will advance the enterprises data capabilities. Partner with key providers where applicable to provide disruptive technology solutions.
- Partner and collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure data needs are addressed and the required data is modeled and available to analysts and end-users.
- Negotiate contracts and service agreements with vendors and suppliers for appropriate IT technologies and services.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with IT concentration required. MBA, or other Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years IT experience required, with a minimum of 5 years of data engineering and architecture experience and 5 years of IT leadership.
- Deep expertise working in data & analytics with large volumes of data and experience with "big data", predictive analytics, visualizations, IoT, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML).
- Experience with both on premise and cloud-based tools and solutions. Strong technical experience with Azure related technologies (such as Data Bricks, Data Factory, Analysis Services, Synapse, etc.) as well as SQL, Power BI, and ETL tools.
- Experience designing and building data pipelines for IoT or other "big data" applications.
- Experience with data modeling and data warehouse/data lake design for the enterprise.
- Experience working with large, global manufacturing business applying data to solve business problems in supply and demand planning, inventory, distribution, quality, service, sales, marketing, production, and finance.